Kelley’s Kookies Tradition
Since 1988, Kelley’s Kookies has stood for two things: quality tasting cookies and superior customer service. Kelley’s Kookies uses only the finest all natural ingredients such as Guittard Chocolate, Grade AA Butter, Fresh Whole Eggs, and Pure Sugar Cane to bake quality cookies that our loyal customers have come to love. Whether sending Birthday Gifts, Thank You Gifts, or Congratulations Wishes, our friendly, knowledgeable staff will help make every moment special and memorable. Throughout the years, our commitment is to our customers and products, which leaves no room for compromise.
In 1988, Marcella Onishi started Kelley’s Kookies (named after her daughter) with one simple goal of baking the best cookies the world has ever eaten. Equipped with just the tools from her own kitchen, Marcella started to sell 7 varieties of cookie in gift canisters to friends, family, and co-workers. As word started to spread about her wonderful creations, the demand outgrew the capacity of her own kitchen. Therefore, the first official Kelley’s Kookies store was established in 1993.
Kelley’s Kookies has since moved to Stanton and Arcadia but also services several supermarkets in Southern California and attends craft shows throughout the west coast. Currently, we have over 20 varieties of cookies and numerous gifts sets with seasonal items. Even though Marcella has limited her role in the bakery, the Kelley’s Kookies tradition of quality tasting cookies and superior customer service forever lives on.
- How long do these Kookies last?
- Sealed Kookies are normally good for 6-8 weeks. If it is hot, however, it is best to place the Kookies in a cool place (especially those that are either dipped in chocolate or covered in powdered sugar).
- Which Kookies have nuts?
- Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Shortbread, Kelley’s Delight, Macadamia Ice Box, Macadamia Shortbread, Melting Moments, Peanut Butter, Pecan Shortbread, White Chocolate Macadamia, Sugar-Free Almond Shortbread, Ice Box, and Rock Kookies.
- Which Kookies do not have sugar?
- Sugar-Free Almond Shortbread and Sugar-Free Shortbread
- Do the Kookies need to be refrigerated?
- No, however, if the weather is warm it is best to place the Kookies in a cool place.
- How do you keep nuts from contaminating the other Kookies?
- We minimize cross-contamination by thoroughly cleaning the contaminated equipment before the next use but there is still a potential for those who are allergic.
- Why do some packages have more kookies than others?
- All of our Kookies are made by hand. We cut and dip our Kookies by hand so not all of the Kookies will be the same size or have the same amount of chocolate on them. When we package the Kookies, iIn order to ensure that the same amount go in each package, we package them by weight as opposed to the quantity.
- How long have you been in business?
- Kelley’s Kookies was started in 1988
- Who is Kelley?
- This business was started by Marcella Onishi and her daughter’s name is Kelley.
- Where do these recipes come from?
- All of the recipes that we use are either Marcella’s or her mother’s recipes.
- Which Kookies are the freshest?
- We bake Kookies every single day, however, some Kookies need to be refrigerated for a day before packaging. We pride ourselves in the quality of our Kookies, so you’ll always receive the best!!
- What is your most popular Kookie?
- Our most popular Kookies are the Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Chocolate Chip, Melting Moments, Sugar Kookie, and the Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Shortbread.
- How long does it take to receive a package?
- Orders before 12 p.m. PST will be processed within 1 business; otherwise. Items usually arrive within 7 business days.
- What are your store hours?
- Store hours vary by location.
- Factory Store hours:
Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
*Holiday Hours Vary
Kookies for a Kause
Kelley’s Kookies firmly believes that everyone deserves an opportunity to reach their fullest potential. That’s why we started an annual fundraiser during the month of August to raise money for various youth foundations and causes that have the same goal and purpose in mind.
Previous campaigns included raising almost $1,500 to purchase school supplies for 65 foster children. Each child received a backpack filled with crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, scissors, glue, and pencils. Kelley’s Kookies is not just passionate about creating special moments for our customers with our cookies but also giving opportunity to those children who deserve a chance to succeed in life.